Toyota Hilux Roof Rack
While there are lots of roof racks out there on the market, they all suffer a few problems that the Offroad Animal rack solves.
Hilux Roof Rack Design
1. This rack is super quiet, and 2. This rack is not a universal rack but is actually designed specifically so it looks great. Stop putting up with loud racks that don't look right on your Ute. Pick up an Offroad Animal Scout Rack and be the envy of all your mates and your Mrs will be happy too with how quiet it is.
Roof Rack Benefits
- Super Quiet design
- Light weight aluminium design
- Very versatile with T-Slot slats on all 4 sides of slats
- Looks the best on the market
- Easy to put together
- Low profile for better wind resistance
- Optional wind deflector that holds 42" LED light bar
- Super low profile, only adds 90mm to height of vehicle
Scout Roof Rack Features
- Supplied with 5 T slot aluminium rails that can quickly and easily fit standard T nuts to secure gear anywhere
- Works with many aftermarket accessories
- Optional Wind-deflector can be purchased which integrates a 42" light bar
- Powder coated matte black
- Works With Rhino track system Part number (RTS556) This is required for fitment
- Rated to 95kg driving and 190kg sitting still- Rack weight is 15kg- Offroad Rating is 63kg so minus the 15kg rack means you're allowed to put 48kg up there
- Optional Light bar Wind Deflector holds single or double row light bar up to 42"
Roof Rack Box Includes
5 x Aluminium cross rails
1 x Wind deflector
1 x LH side rail
1 x RH side rail
Big bag of nuts and bolts
Not included as standard is Rhino Part RTS556 but this is required, select as option if you don't already have this part.
Fitting Your Offroad Animal Toyota Hilux Roof Rack
Fitting difficulty 6/10 if Rhino track not already fitted. If you already have the Rhino track fitted then difficulty is 2/10
Fitting time- 3-4 hours if rhino tracks not fitted, 1 hours if already fitted.
Click fitting tab to download fitting instructions
Calculated shipping price at checkout is for Metro Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart. If you are out of these areas either contact us for freight quote or we will call you prior to shipping for the extra charge
Warranty Information24 Months
What makes the Offroad Animal Scout Rack the best Toyota Hilux Roof Rack?
The Offroad Animal 'Scout' Toyota Hilux roof rack is the ultimate solution for all your vehicle. The Scout roof rack is not only super quiet, but it's also specifically designed to look great on your 4x4. Its lightweight aluminium design makes it easy to put together and low profile for better wind resistance. Additionally, it comes with an optional wind deflector that holds a 42" LED light bar.
The T-Slot slats that take standard M8 nuts and bolts make it very versatile and compatible with many aftermarket accessories. It is powder coated in a sleek matte black and has a super low profile, only adding 90mm to the height of your Toyota Hilux.
Overall, if you want a quiet, good-looking, versatile, lightweight, and low-profile roof rack that can hold all your gear, the Offroad Animal 'Scout' Toyota Hilux roof rack is the best choice for you.
How much weight can a Scout Roof Rack hold on top of a Toyota Hilux?
The Offroad Animal 'Scout' roof rack for Toyota Hilux can carry up to 80kgs of evenly distributed weight, so you can feel confident that your gear will be safe and secure. It's rated to 95kg driving and 190kg sitting still. The rack weight is 15kg. The offroad rating is 63kg so minus the 15kg rack means you're allowed to put 48kg up there.
With a clever design, the rack allows for accessories like lights and antennas to be securely mounted on top without compromising on strength or stability. The adjustable height also makes it easy to find the perfect fit for any accessories you want to put on top. Whether it's camping gear, bikes or kayaks - this roof rack has got you covered!
Is it easy to install a Scout Roof Rack on a Toyota Hilux?
Yes! Offroad Animal have made the installation process for their 'Scout' roof rack for Toyota Hilux as simple and straightforward as possible. Complete with comprehensive instructions, all you need is a few common tools to get it fitted in no time at all. No welding or drilling is required – just follow the instructions and fit your rack with ease. With this roof rack, you can be sure that you'll be ready to hit the road in no time at all. It's strong, quiet and looks great - plus it's easy to install and carry up to 80kgs of weight safely on top. With unbeatable performance, quality construction and a sleek finish.
What tools do I need to install a Scout Roof Rack on a Toyota Hilux?
The following tools will be required to install the product. Note Extra Tools will be required for the fitment of the track kit. Refer to the track kit.
Tools to fit Offroad Animal Scout roof rack are:
- Metric Socket Set 8-19mm
- Socket Extension Bar
- Metric Spanner Set 10-19mm
- Hex (Allen) Key Set 4-6mm
- Soft Blanket
What do I need to know before installing a Scout Roof Rack on a Toyota Hilux?
It's important to follow the instructions provided with the product. The instructions provided are correct at the time of publication. OFFROAD ANIMAL cannot be held responsible for the impact of any changes subsequently made by the vehicle manufacturer. If you find something has changed please contact us to let us know!
Does everything I need come in the box?
Yes, everything you need to install and complete your Offroad Animal 'Scout' Toyota Hilux roof rack comes in the box.
- 5 x Aluminium cross rails
- 1 x Wind deflector
- 1 x LH side rail
- 1 x RH side rail
- 1 x Big bag of nuts and bolts
Is the Scout Roof Rack compatible with other 4x4 vehicles?
No, the Offroad Animal 'Scout' roof rack is designed specifically for the specified make and model advertised. Here is the list of makes and models we manufacture roof racks for.
Offroad Animal 'Scout' Rack
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Delivered as described, after fitting the roof tracks had no issues with fitting the rack. Offers a range of tie down points looks great.
great product easy to install and instructions are pretty clear. optioned for it to take stedi 40 inch light bar and will admit im impressed with quality and how sturdy it is once it all is assembled and installed.