Do you have gear you want/need to mount on the roof. Well have no fear Offroad Animal has you covered.
The WL Grand Cherokee has an interesting roof set up. Jeep put these 12 threaded buttons (6 per side) on the roof. Nice right. Well almost. First of all they used the front and back ones to hold the fancy channels used to take roof bars, then are held down via the 4 in the middle. Biggest problem is they are located on a section the the roof that can't really take much weight at all. Hence why Jeep gave the roof some crappy load rating. This is because if you put more load up there you're going to damage your roof.
Then we have some roof rack manufacturers (not Offroad Animal) who mount their roof rack directly onto these buttons only. Tsk Tsk, bad choice. Say hello damaged roof if you put anymore weight up there (don't forget to add the weight of the roof rack too.)
Offroad Animal has a cool system that ups the roof loading to 120kg dynamic (driving) and 240kg static (sitting still.) We manufacture these super slim rails that push the load to a strong part of the roof (join of Roof and sides). Not only that but they use the rolled steel rail to join all 6 roof buttons per side for one strong system. So just like that you can up your roof loading to 120kg. Nice right. We think so. Our Rack also comes with 7 cross rails that each have a T slot on all 4 sides ready to take a standard M8 nut or bolt, which is great for fixing things down.
Here is a picture of a damaged roof button from putting to much weight on the factory system.
- Carry lots of gear on your roof
- Light weight rack fully made from Aluminium only weighs 22kg, 30kg including steel rails
- Easy to use T slots in roof cross bars to allow any accessory to fit, as it takes a standard M8 bolt or nut.
- Easy to install with no drilling
- Great place to mount Roof top tents and awnings
- Will not damage your roof like some competitor racks
- Rated to 120kg dynamic and 240kg static (rated by independent tester)
- Steel components are Zinc plated then powder coated matte black
- Aluminium components are chromate coated then powder coated matte black
- Wind deflector standard for minimal wind noise
- Works with all sun roofs
- Only adds 125mm to roof height.
- Easy to bolt together setup with basic hand tools
- Works around shark fit antenna and not over it so no impedance on reception.
- Optional Max Trax brackets available
- Optional Awning mount brackets available
- Fits most aftermarket shovel, axe or high lift jack mounts but we suggest using Quick Fists
This rack fits all WL Grand Cherokees 2 row, 2022 on
Offroad Animal Roof rails are included with this kit
What's included in the box
- 1 x Roof rack side LH
- 1 x Roof rack side RH
- 7 x Roof rack panels
- 1 x Wind deflector
- 1 x LH roof mount rail
- 1 x RH roof mount rail
- 2 x logo plates
- Hardware as required (nuts and bolts)
Fitting time 2 hours
Fitting difficulty 3/10
Click on Fitting tab to download PDF fitting instructions
Calculated shipping price at checkout is for Metro Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart, and Perth. If you are out of these areas either contact us for freight quote or we will call you prior to shipping for the extra charge
Check out our full range of Jeep Grand Cherokee Roof Racks designed and engineered to increase your load capacity